Ridiculous UFC Rules
I guess this explains at least some of the bad fighting I've seen inside the Octagon, as well as the absence of aikido specialists and the high number of wrestlers;
http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/ultimatefighter2/rules.jhtml
I adore how rule number eight states that no "small joint manipulation" is permited in the Octagon. At the same time, visiting
http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/ultimatefighter2/styles.jhtml
one learns that aikido specializes in "small joint manipulation". Yet, I've met several individuals who assured me that aikido's absence from the UFC is a sign of its inferiority to Brazilian jiu-jitsu. When I attempted to reason, they responded that I had been brainwashed by all of the stupid traditionalists that still espoused kung fu, karate, judo, and all the other useless martial arts that millions of fighters used for almost a thousand years.
While some of these UFC rules are sensible, others are downright inane;
No kicks to the liver or kidney regions? No foot stomping? (Read: no foot attacks of any kind when the opponent is on the ground) No hitting to the back of head at all, even when the fighter shows his back to you? (a common tactic, by the way, that also explains why the far more troublesome rear naked choke is used over a simple punch) No real elbow strikes, where the point of the elbow is actually utilized? No kneeing to the head even when the guy is virtually grabbing your knees and has his head down? (Watch Andrei Arlovski - Vladimir Matyushenko)
Yeah, highly realistic combat.
Especially when in a real fight, someone mounting an opponent would very quickly be incapacitated by having their balls grabbed and squeezed, their ears grabbed and ripped off, their crotch kneed, etc.
To anyone using these UFC tactics in a no-holds barred street fight;
"See how it feels when it's real".
http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/ultimatefighter2/rules.jhtml
I adore how rule number eight states that no "small joint manipulation" is permited in the Octagon. At the same time, visiting
http://www.spiketv.com/shows/series/ultimatefighter2/styles.jhtml
one learns that aikido specializes in "small joint manipulation". Yet, I've met several individuals who assured me that aikido's absence from the UFC is a sign of its inferiority to Brazilian jiu-jitsu. When I attempted to reason, they responded that I had been brainwashed by all of the stupid traditionalists that still espoused kung fu, karate, judo, and all the other useless martial arts that millions of fighters used for almost a thousand years.
While some of these UFC rules are sensible, others are downright inane;
No kicks to the liver or kidney regions? No foot stomping? (Read: no foot attacks of any kind when the opponent is on the ground) No hitting to the back of head at all, even when the fighter shows his back to you? (a common tactic, by the way, that also explains why the far more troublesome rear naked choke is used over a simple punch) No real elbow strikes, where the point of the elbow is actually utilized? No kneeing to the head even when the guy is virtually grabbing your knees and has his head down? (Watch Andrei Arlovski - Vladimir Matyushenko)
Yeah, highly realistic combat.
Especially when in a real fight, someone mounting an opponent would very quickly be incapacitated by having their balls grabbed and squeezed, their ears grabbed and ripped off, their crotch kneed, etc.
To anyone using these UFC tactics in a no-holds barred street fight;
"See how it feels when it's real".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home